Wedding plans are well under way. Isabel keeps telling me she's surprised I'm already planning, because she expected me to put it off last minute. But, well, I'm already resigned to it, so there's no reason for putting it off, is there?
So, here's what I've got so far:
- We reserved the Country Club for the ceremony and reception. Because my grandparents are members, we lucked out and don't have to pay a rental fee for it. Woohoo, $1500 saved because of grandma. Niiiice.
- We've chosen our wedding party, too. I've asked Evil Cousin to be my Matron on Honor, and then my sister and MM's three sisters as bridesmaids. The Girl will be my junior bridesmaid. On MM's side, his best friend Alf is going to be Best Man, then a friend he went to high school with, his Brother-in-law (whom I don't care for very much, but meh, whatever), James the Sucker, my brother and Little Man.
- We decided on Yellow and Green for our colors, but haven't picked the exact shades yet. I'm thinking a buttercup yellow and something in the sage family. But I'm not sure yet.
- I've been searching for cake designs I like and figure sometime within the next month or so I'll start thinking about pastry chef's. For now it's not a priority. Although I would LOVE to have a Krispy Kreme cake, MM frowned on the idea (I swear, it's not just a stupid cop joke). I'll see if I can talk him around.
- We've started putting a guest list together, too. I personally called his parents and grandparents and asked for lists. We need to get a budget together and to do that I need to know how many guests. We're thinking approx. 300, but if it's going to be considerably less or more I need to know as soon as possible.
- I've been looking at dresses online and found several styles I like. Of course I won't know until I try them on how they'll look, but I figure getting an idea of what I want isn't a bad idea. For the bridesmaids, I asked EC to start looking at designs, too. I figure we can find something suitable if we work on it together. Or I may just choose something myself and say screw what they want. Let's hope they're all nice to me. *innocent smile*
I guess that's about it for now. More updates to come, I'm sure.
What have the rest of you been up to?